Wednesday, November 24, 2010

On giving thanks

“Do not turn away what is given to you, nor reach out for what is given to others…give thanks for what has been given you. However little. Be pure, never falter.” – Dhammapada

CPE December 27-Jan 1 026

As Thanksgiving approaches, I am reminded of what I am most grateful for: my wife, our dogs, our family, our friends, our home, our health, and the life we have built. 

I am also most thankful for my readership, no matter how small. I truly hope you have found these pages enlightening and inspiring, that they have helped you think about your experiences in a different way. At the very least, I hope you’ve liked the pictures.

Thanksgiving marks the start of the holiday season. It can be a time of gratitude and reflection, or a time of restless want and missed expectations. I hope you remember that you have a choice in the matter and I wish you well as you enter the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment